Destination wedding is defined as marrying at least 100 miles from where the bride and groom currently live
Why have a destination wedding?
At some point every engaged couple entertains the idea of having a destination wedding. They are a great way to ensure that you have a wedding that is completely unique to you.
If you are still undecided, here are six reasons to take the plunge.
1. Virtually stress free - If you have ever watched any movie or tv show about planning any wedding, you see how all-consuming it can become. This is why destination weddings are so popular. They are almost guaranteed to be easier and faster to plan than a traditional wedding. Many resorts around the world that cater to honeymooners have full time wedding coordinators on staff who are familiar with that country’s marriage license requirements and offer wedding packages that come with most ceremony essentials. Or you can hire your own wedding coordinator who specializes in destination weddings in the city or country you are planning to get married in.
2. Flexible timing help with budgeting - You will be at your destination for at least a few days, so you can work with your vendors/coordinator to reduce the cost. All your guests are there so you can have your wedding in the middle of the week to reduce costs. Check locations for off season pricing, you can get the same set up at dramatically lower prices.
3. Save on décor - with destination weddings the location you choose supplies the theme and is all the backdrop you need, imagine a beautiful beach wedding, or a vineyard you don’t need much to dress it up, a few floral decorations and modest accents and you’re done.
4. Quality time with family and friends - Most weddings last 5 to 6 hours, and the bride and groom spend most of their time running from table to table but not really spending any time with anyone in particular, or truly enjoying their day. A destination wedding usually spans 3-5 days giving you the opportunity to spend more time with your closest friends and family without running around. Most importantly, it gives you the opportunity to enjoy the big day, it is your day afterall!
5. Great for limiting your guests list - The one thing about destination weddings is it requires travel and hotel stays; this will cut down on your guest list quite a bit. Your nearest and dearest will make the time commitment, while others may not. If you have friends who are unable to make it and are upset about it, you can always throw a post wedding party when you get back home.
6. You can start your honeymoon early - Just arriving at your destination is sure to help you relax and be festive. Many hotels offer automatic upgrades for brides and grooms on their wedding night and reduced rates after the guests have gone home. So enjoy a week or two off before you come back home.
Just remember, when planning a destination wedding, you should give your guests plenty of time to make the necessary arrangements. Plan on sending your invitations 3 to 4 months ahead of time. You want to make sure that everyone has enough time to plan accordingly. Enjoy your big day!
Thanks for joining me for another Blog by Marlene™️ . I wish you all a beautiful day.